Are you thinking about purchasing a home? Did you know that all lenders would require you to purchase homeowners’ insurance to protect their interests? The Hyman Brown Insurance Agency Inc., serving in and around the Commerce, GA area, can get you started with a homeowner’s policy.
Here are the benefits a homeowners’ insurance policy will provide:
- The reason for homeowners’ insurance is to protect your home. Imagine facing a total loss due to a fire or extensive and costly damage due to a weather event. Ideally, your home should be insured for 100% of its value, but 80% to 90% is standard. Most insurance policies will provide both major and minor damage and total replacement costs.
- Your detached structures will be covered, such as a garage, storage shed, fences, and even the doghouse. Detached structures are covered up to a certain percentage of the coverage limit but can be customized if you want additional coverage for detached structures.
- Before purchasing insurance, take an inventory of everything inside the home – the appliances, furniture, electronics, clothing, or anything you own the policy would cover that. If an event such as a storm destroys or damages this property, you can be reimbursed in whole or in part.
- Liability coverage is a very crucial part of a homeowners’ insurance policy. If someone should be injured on your property, or if your dog decides to bite and a lawsuit results, you could be faced with thousands of dollars or more in medical bills or possibly a lawsuit.
- If you cannot live in your home while it is being rebuilt or repaired following a covered event, hotel, food, and travel expenses will be provided. The loss of use benefit provides this for you.
The Hyman Brown Insurance Agency Inc. can provide a quote or answer any questions you may have about this vital coverage. Contact our office today.